Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Monday, October 15, 2012

Masterpiece

I am not nearly old enough to have a niece that is old enough to start her own family.  You know it is getting bad when you expect your family to lie about their ages when you are lying about yours...

In the spring, Rose called us to share her good news.  While I was thrilled for her, I promptly went out and purchased more hair dye.  I am so not old enough to be a great aunt!

Readers of this blog will know that I enjoy a few hobbies and one of them is crochet.  When I found out about Rose, I knew a hand made crochet blanket would be just the thing for her.  What better thing that to cozy up with your little bundle of joy and read a good book and a nice blanket.  A few of my favourite books from when my kids where little ones would be just the thing.  Crochet has a tendency to kill my shoulders, completing this blanket came down to the wire.  Her shower was held recently and now that she is the owner of the blanket, I can share it with you.

I did not know it at the time but the colours just happen to be the colours of the baby's room

I made a classic ripple blanket, lap size, with a band of colours on the top and bottom.  If you want to copy the pattern, I suggest you seek it out on Ravelry.  When you visit, you will find lots of projects to inspire you.

I decided to age a bit of wood to make a sign for the room,  Here it is all painted and sanded
I ordered a sticker from Etsy to burnish onto the wood
Because as the great Doctor said, "A person is a person no matter how small." 
Here is my little person showing off the completed sign

I bought some Dr. Seuss books to complete the gift.

Here is Rose opening her gift - bad lighting and a camera phone!


Blessings to you Rose and your little family.

I am linking here and here and here, at Primp.

Live High,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment