Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Glass Pumpkin

Soon, it will look like Halloween has barfed throughout my house.  I am so not kidding. Everyone has a favourite holiday.  It seems like most people define themselves by being Christmas people or Halloween people. 

In my house, Ian is a halloween person.  I am a Christmas person.  To keep things sane, we have agreed to allow one month each to our respective holidays.  Come October first, things get pretty crazy.

One Saturday, I was grabbing some items from the local bulk barn.  I stopped in my tracks when I spotted this awesome clear glass pumpkin.  I guess the bulk barn expects that you will fill it with halloween candy.  Right, that would last about ten seconds in my house. 
It is so pretty right?





Honestly, I did not expect that this glass pumpkin would be affordable.  I gently turned it over to see the price.  GASP.  Six bucks.  Seriously.  No Joke.  It was mine.  I almost bought ten.  A steal I tell you.

Here it sits, quietly for at least a week when it will be surrounded by the rest of the Halloween items from the crawl space.

It has been filled with rockets, a personal fav, they will not last long..



Live High,

Heather

4 comments:

  1. If you dislike Halloween so much why did you buy the glass pumpkin? Shouldn't it have repulsed you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put orangey candles in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin Heather and yes, a great find. Don't you love it when you happen on a buy like this? Looking forward to the 27th.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete