Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ribbon Skirt Heaven

Goodbye Valentino is a wonderful blog.  She has recently held her first sew a long.  For those of us sewing addicts out there, we could not help ourselves and had to jump on that bandwagon.

A ribbon skirt sew a long was too tempting to pass up.  I dragged Ian with me to fabric stores and Michaels in search of the perfect colour combination.  Unfortunately, none could be found locally so I had to order them on line here.

I was able to purchase four coordinating colours in the nicest quality of gross-grain ribbon I have ever seen.  I know it will stand up to the likes of me in a skirt!
Pretty Right?!

I purchased some good quality cotton to serve as the base and got started.

Here is the progress so far in my new sewing room!
It takes careful planning and pinning to make sure the skirt ends up straight. 

This phase of the project is the devil in the details part.  I don't like details but I have to make sure I measure and pin just right so that when I sew the two sides together, my skirt matches up perfectly.  Although, if was a bit wonky, it would suit me some would say...
 
 
Keep checking back to see the progress.
 
 
Live High,
 
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment