Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Little Skirt and Dress

A good friend got married recently and I was determined to make a nice dress to wear to the wedding.  I was desperate for some inspiration for fabric, I already had a pattern.

Here was the pattern:


I could not find any sort of inspiration for the fabric.  I zipped into the fabric store one afternoon to have a look when as I was walking up I saw a Judy with an awesome dress.  I thought, geez that looks like my dress pattern.  I quickened my step and found that yes it was my dress!  A quick slip through the door and asked for the fabric.  I got a bit extra for mistakes.  The pattern was so easy that I had enough extra to make a nice skirt.

Here are the finished products!
Do you love it! I found a wicked Kate Spade purse to match.

See how I match the picture?  Didn't plan that!
I have an event in September and I plan on making another dress for the fall.


Live High,

Heather
 

No comments:

Post a Comment