Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doing Nothing

Long weekends terrify me. I have a zillion things to do, clean the house,wash my car, wash Ian's car, but the gardens to bed, spend time with the family; oh and then there is the looming 'holiday'dinner. What to do? It all depends on the weather. Thanksgiving weekends are a crap shoot, some times it is cold, damp and windy and then sometimes you are surprised you get the last kiss of summer. The weekend that just ended, was a full on, lushious tongue kiss of a long weekend. Something to be thankful for. Its memory will hold me though to the first dusting of snow.

This thanksgiving was a quiet one and we had obligations only demanded of us by us. My awesome writer husband went to a writers circle and came home energized and excited about his craft. He is a far better writer than I will ever even aspire to be. I know I will someday soon refer to Ian as my author, journalist, writer husband. Give it a year. You will see.

With Ian out at his event, the kids and I went with my mom to Watsons for annual apple picking. What fun. Bronwyn was even well behaved. The kids get to be in the sun, the fields and there wasnt a clock in sight. It was magical.

So was the par for the course all weekend long. We did a whole bunch of nothing, spending time washing the cars, a tiny bit of cleaning the house, some gardening but mostly the easy, long weekend kind of doing nothing that makes memories layered in the last bits of sun, nowhere special to go and lots of tme to hang out together doing nothing. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment