Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crocodile Stitches


In the waning days of winter, I wanted some colour in my wardrobe.  Everyone in southern Ontario seems to be dressed in black.  It serves the purpose, black holds the dirt and you look at least decent on the way to meetings.  But after a while the dreary days and lack of colour just makes you a little depressed.

Here is what is left of the wool




I got some wool for my birthday recently and one ball of it was a beautiful royal blue.  Last year, I made a cool crocodile neck warmer from a pattern I purchased from Zoomyummy.  It was a challenge, it looked so difficult that I did not thing that I would be able to make it.  Like all things, a read of the instructions showed that it was some simple double crochet.  I made the original with left over wool I had kicking around.









The original was colourful, but not too professional.  I wore it once on a casual day but mostly I wear it  for walking the dog.



When I got the royal blue wool, I thought that this was the perfect wool to revisit the neck warmer and make it in a more professional colour.  (Not to mention that I happen to have a coat that happens to match the wool perfectly!)

I made this one a bit tighter so you can get the feel for the crocodile stitch, it looks more like a ruffle.






Here is the completed neck warmer.  And yes, that is me in my basement in my jammies.  Don't judge....





Dressed, my neck warmer and the coat.






So what do you think?  As I purchased the pattern, I cannot share it with you, but here is the link to Petra, tell her I sent you and make one or two for yourself.  Hopefully, we will not need neck warmers for too long.



I'm linking here.




Live High,


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment