Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Monday, December 31, 2012

Tile Coasters

If you are addicted to blogs like I am, you will have seen the directions out there for making ceramic tile coasters.  For me, a significant part of Christmas is making some sort of signature craft to share with family and friends.  One year it was wreaths, another was home made snow globes and another year was scarves.

This year my craft was tile coasters. I finally found an extra hour in my day to make some for this year's craft.

While you can find lots of tutorials around, making them are really simple.  All you need is some tiles, white glue, paper, felt and time.

This is the decorative papers I bought at Michaels.
I bought some tiles at Lowes on sale and some decorative paper at Michaels.  I picked out some coordinating papers to mix and match the finished tiles.

This is the glue you need, some super tacky glue to afix the paper to the tile and then the top coat with the other glue.  All available at Michaels.

These are the tiles I got at Lowes.  Pretty Standard.
After you cut the paper to size, apply a bit of glue to the tile and affix the paper to the tile.  Rub them to make sure  you get out the air bubbles.  Let them dry for a few hours. When they are dry, top coat the coasters with more glue.  Do a number of coats  and allow them to dry in between.  The top coat will seal them against wet drinks in the future. 









Now they are done, I just added a  bottle of wine for my friends and family. 





Live High,

Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment