Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Too Early?

Christmas is right around the corner you know.  One can never really wait until November to get started on some hand made items for the festive season.  Besides, I always like to have a few small projects to do.  It's instant gratification.  Some fabric, an iron, pins and you have yourself some ready made coasters to tuck away for the busy Christmas season.

Should I show  you my big trunk of fabric?  What if Ian reads this blog?  He will know...Yeah,  I know.  This Christmas fabric was in the trunk.  Just a sliver, I don't even remember how it got there.  Honest.

I made a template out of a cereal box.  I need that to keep them straight.
A tiny bit of fabric is pretty awesome for making some coasters.  These were introduced to me by my mother in law, a supreme quilter.  I am not worthy. 

Each coaster requires five squares of fabric, five inches by five inches.  One is for the bottom of the coaster and the rest you fold in half for make the top.  Iron a stack of squares in half. 

Pin the squares to the bottom.  Over lap.  I tried to find a way to make this easy to understand but did not want to over burden you with pictures.
Place the ironed squares on top
Over lap, pin and then sew.

Sew away!  This nice stack is a good foundation for teacher's gifts.  Add a Tim's card and you are done.  Merry Christmas.  Was that bad?

Live High,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. A trunk full of fabric?!? You're cut off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Nope, it's never too early to be prepared for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete