Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scrap Masterpiece - Wreaths for Literacy


Have you had enough of the book page wreath?  Not me!  I love the book page wreath.  Maybe in a year or two we will shudder with regret, like when I stencilled everything.  I mean everything...



Rolling pages...

I do a fair bit of work with some noble people in Durham Region.  They work to improve literacy levels of our residents.  Imagine the patience it takes to help someone move forward.  Imagine doing this work with a tiny bit of annual funding.  Literacy groups are one of the many who have to engage in fundraising to make ends met.  The Literacy Council of Durham's annual event, Coffee, Tea and Words, draws people in to do the things I love, read and drink coffee.  Hopefully there is a bit of nibbles in there somewhere. 

Halfway through first layer


At the event, the Council seeks direct donations and raffles.  This is where the wreath comes in.  I am getting to the point.  I promise.  Actually, I promised the council a wreath to raffle at the event.  What better donation to the cause then a book page wreath?  I have made one for the event later this month.  It is a monster and I love it!!  I am going to have a hard time giving it up, but considering I have one in my dining room and more than half a book left, I think I better give it up.


Isn't it beautiful!

If you want a wreath, please come to the event.  If you can't make it and still want a wreath, I will gladly make you one, for a donation to the Literacy Council. 

Happy Reading!!

Live High,

Heather


 

No comments:

Post a Comment