Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Monday, May 5, 2014

Maps and Leaves

This weekend's spring weather left me sidelined with bad allergy symptoms.  My husband calls me 'bubble girl.'  I am allergic to everything. 

Trees and grass are my undoing.  I love them, love the spring, love the summer.  My body, however, reacts like I am being attacked.  I have been getting allergy shots for almost ten years and each year I hope that I will be cured, that I will not have a bad reaction, that everything will be normal. No such luck!

Friday night walking the dog almost killed me with my eyes running and my chest wheezing.  When we got home, I washed all the pollen off me and sighed a little sigh acknowledging that my allergies just may never get better.

An upside to being stuck inside, it left me with some project time for this wreath that had been in my head for some time.

It involved cutting skinny leaves out of my vintage map book.  Gasp! Yes, I used one of my books I got at the annual library sale.  It has great patina and the leaves make it look interesting.

Here is a close up of the leaves:
Okay so there may be some camera shake...

See the leaves have all this interest from the maps.  Pretty cool.

So you get a sense of the wreath.

 
 
Here is a picture of the completed wreath.  It turned out smaller than I had wanted.  My intention is to put it in my tiny front entrance when I repaint it in a few weeks.  The smaller version may just work fine in that space.
 
 
 




Finished Wreath.  Neat idea.
Now that the weather is better and everyone sans me can go outside, I have a few more pages left in this map book.  Okay.  So who wants one?


Live High,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment